AliExpress Privacy Update. Effective as of November 06, 2019.
“COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The personal information that we collect broadly falls into the following categories:
Information That You Provide To Us:
If you are a Buyer, we will ask you to provide:
- contact information including: name; address; phone number; email address;
- purchase and/or payment information including: credit card or similar payment information that you intend to purchase with; billing and delivery address;
- information about your purchases including: the goods purchased and how many;
- information about and/or to support complaints made in connection with the Platform or goods and/or services purchased via the Platform;
- ID (such as a passport) for identification verification in certain circumstances, when you apply for after-sales services.
Information That We Collect Automatically:
If you are a Buyer or Seller or prospective Buyer or Seller we will automatically collect:
- A copy of any correspondence with us, including any verification information we ask for, if you contact us for any reason (such as our customer service department chat service, telephone or email).
- Details of transactions and communications over the Platform, including the types and specifications of the goods sold and purchased, pricing and delivery information, any dispute records, communications between Buyers and Sellers over the Platform and any information disclosed in any discussion forum.
- Details of Platform buying and browsing activities, for these purposes we will automatically collect information from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area and the UK, this information may be considered as personal information under applicable data protection laws. Specifically this collected information may include IP addresses, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), browsing patterns and details of how you have interacted with our Platform and the goods and services available on it. In addition, we gather information about the Platform and visitors to the Platform including browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions and unique visitors. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the section E “COOKIES” below. Where we are required by applicable law, we will seek your prior consent to the collection of information using cookies and similar tracking technologies.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- verifying Platform account registrations including conducting fraud, security, “Know Your Customer” and anti-money laundering checks in order to approve your Seller account;
- verifying your eligibility as a Platform blogger or influencer;
- setting up / administering Buyer and Seller accounts, including providing log-in IDs and setting up payment / transaction accounts;
- providing customer service support, responding to your queries, feedback and managing claims and/or disputes;
- providing/supporting general Platform services, facilitating communication between Buyers and Sellers, processing transactions and payments, assessing advance withdrawal requests from Sellers and providing logistics and delivery services;
- supporting Buyer and/or Seller clearance declarations / applications where made via the Platform;
- providing relevant membership benefits including birthday rewards, membership offers and coupons, anniversary awards, exclusive member prices;
- verifying your identity and purchases in connection with product warranty or other after-sales claims;
- assessing and monitoring account security and transaction risks of Buyers and Sellers, detecting and preventing fraud, money laundering and other security incidents;
- sending and serving tailored marketing and advertising that we believe will be of interest to you based on the ways in which you use the Platform, your browsing records, and order history;
- conducting research and analytics to ensure the security of our Platform, to improve the content and layout of the Platform, and to improve our product offerings and services;
- Cookies or other similar technologies may be used to provide you with advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests (see section E. COOKIES below for more information). “